07-08-2020, 03:45 AM   #43
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Reason: add-on item that easily gets damaged.

That's also why Porsche has fit a plastic splitter on for example the 911 GT3 or Cayman GT4, instead of designing the front bumper as one part integrating the splitter design (no need to replace the whole front bumper, except if the splitter ripped apart the front bumper during a low collission). Not brittle, so less prone to cracking than a CF splitter. About $254 (see for example here or here for the 981 GT4 splitter - Porsche part # 981-505-525-80-1E0). See the discussion here, with some considering it as a consumable, replaced every 5K km. Too expensive to do that with the M2 CS CF splitter.
Yep that's why it always baffles me why anyone would choose a carbon fibre splitter on a street car unless it's mainly for freeway driving

BMW should have made the front plastic CS Racing splitter as a M performance item

I just need to know the correct part number so I can order one. I got someone to look it up but apparently in their system the M2 CS Racing front splitter part number is the same as the M performance carbon front splitter
Appreciate 0