Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Just out curiosity, how much does a Competition hood cost?

This topic has come up in other threads because, if you order CF hood at time of build, you are not just paying $6,500 for CF hood. You paid for stock Competition hood; BMW does not credit you for cost of stock hood toward CF hood; BMW keeps stock hood and - as I have learned in another thread - throws it straight in dumpster . . . and to boot - as learned from Poochie - they DO charge you labor for swap-out at port.

So, if ordered at time of build, you are looking at cost of stock Competition hood + cost of CF hood + cost of labor to swap-out hoods at port. Suddenly, this $6,500 CF hood is costing $10K-plus!

On the other hand, if you purchase after taking delivery, it's cost of stock Competition hood in original build + $6,500 for CF hood + cost of prep/paint/install of CF hood . . . but, I guess, you retain the original hood for potential resale.

///AVM
As you are in America I've attached the two online prices I've managed to find from America dealers. Please note prices are vastly different across the globe, we'd probably get ass-raped in aussie land like the Europeans... wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 8-10,000 AUD for us.
Aus

Yes, you appear to be showing me the CS CF hood. . . I was inquiring about cost of a stock Competition hood?

It's not that important. I only inquired as to my point that you are not only paying at LOT for CF hood, but also probably paid a pretty penny for the stock Competition hood. Not QUITE as big of a deal when talking about CF side mirror cap replacement, but gets outrageous as you move up ladder toward hood replacement.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 06-25-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0