AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Just out curiosity, how much does a Competition hood cost?

This topic has come up in other threads because, if you order CF hood at time of build, you are not just paying $6,500 for CF hood. You paid for stock Competition hood; BMW does not credit you for cost of stock hood toward CF hood; BMW keeps stock hood and - as I have learned in another thread - throws it straight in dumpster . . . and to boot - as learned from Poochie - they DO charge you labor for swap-out at port.

So, if ordered at time of build, you are looking at cost of stock Competition hood + cost of CF hood + cost of labor to swap-out hoods at port. Suddenly, this $6,500 CF hood is costing $10K-plus!

On the other hand, if you purchase after taking delivery, it's cost of stock Competition hood in original build + $6,500 for CF hood + cost of prep/paint/install of CF hood . . . but, I guess, you retain the original hood for potential resale.

///AVM
As you are in America I've attached the two online prices I've managed to find from America dealers. Please note prices are vastly different across the globe, we'd probably get ass-raped in aussie land like the Europeans... wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 8-10,000 AUD for us.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0