apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Greetings to my UK and Belgium friends -
I don't! I've always ensured the car was either driven or started every 1-2 weeks since retirement about 3 yrs ago. Before that, I would drive 5 miles to a multi-story park and ride building and take the public transit bus to downtown Seattle that was 15 miles from the park and ride. I loved the park and ride because I could park under cover out of the rain and sun. I would arrive at 525 am so there were still al lot of parking stalls left and i had a favorite and kept the Red Roadster up next to a concrete wall and FAR AWAY from door dings.

One interesting note - when it was not raining (that happens on occasion in the Great Pacific Northwest I would use the key and open the convertible top as i walked up to the car. I discovered that because this uses quite a bit of battery energy and that I was only driving 5 miles to return home this was not enough miles to keep the battery charged. So I changed that up and ensured I went for a "fun drive" once a week.

I really like your process and may adopt it in the future. Tell me, do you close your trunk lid and latch it which may affect the power cord that is in the way of the trunk lid??
I like your anecdote about getting to the parking garage so early and choosing a spot to minimize door dings, happy to see I'm not the only one!

One of the perks of getting to work at 6am is being able to choose the best spot in the garage to minimize dings and scratches. I have "my" spot in a space where the only damage can come from someone parking in front of me, and I make sure to park my car in a way so that my dash camera is always recording whoever parks there, just in case
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60091.50