View Single Post
      12-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #47
Blurbo311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecitizen View Post
IMHO for the majority of us daily drivers (not the track dudes/dudettes or 20 somethings;-) the fabspeed sport cat with stock exhaust is perfect. Cold starts are very loud for a brief moment and then settles to a great clean but tough sound. Driving it sounds great but not like you are trying to be a wannabe racer or someone who is trying to draw a ton of attention. It's enough to turn heads with admiration of those who appreciate it but doesn't cause other to think "what a d bag". I just had the sport cat installed and was debating whether to do an aftermarket exhaust but there is no way I'm adding more sound now that I have it. Anything more would have too much drone and be way to loud for a neighborhood daily driver car.

Again, just my opinion but I think for the majority of regular drivers, the fabspeed sport cat with stock exhaust is as far as I would go on sound plus you get the nice power boost and no cel.
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
200 CEL will not add any volume to the exhaust if you are not going wide open throttle and will last just as long as the 300 CEL.

As for power, i have not seen any dyno showing 300 CEL adding power over stock with everything else identical
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
It does but 300 CEL is too restrictive, you might as well keep your stock downpipe in this case.

We carry the Fabspeed downpipe with 200 CEL HJS Cats.
I agree that the Fabspeed 200 CEL cat will not add much sound aside from start up and when you rev it up. My car is still pretty quiet and calm in comfort mode with no drone. I have only the dp and no other engine/exhaust mods.

I read in another thread that the 300 CEL cat flows about 80% while the 200 flows about 90% of the air. If that is true, I have two questions...

1. What CEL is the stock cat? I'm guessing 400-800 but I cant find a number. If its 400, the jump from 400 to 300 is probably not worth it. But if its 800 stock, the difference between a 200 vs 300 wont seem as much.

2. What percentage air flow is going through the stock cat? If the 300 is 80%, and the 200 is 90%... ???
Appreciate 3
ZM22813.50
JMM125.50