View Single Post
      12-21-2023, 07:00 AM   #1
Tigerino
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87 2017

Mechanic provided faulty repair

Hi all,

I purchased a used F87 N55 2017 LCI M2 recently.

Prior to purchase, an inspection revealed a leaking axle seal. This was replaced by the previous owner as part of our sale agreement. The work was carried out by a reasonably reputable mechanic in NSW (I’m from Victoria).

A few months later and the car started making a noise - turns out the axle was not refitted correctly when they replaced the seal and now has damaged itself to the point of being loose (up on the jack had obvious play in it by hand). On top of that, the was evidence of hammer marks and quite rough work on the suspension components and calipers, which was not evident on the other side. The car has had no previous work on it other than regular maintenance so stands to reason that this “damage” occurred during the axle seal replacement.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience for navigating discussions with the mechanic who provided what I consider to be faulty work which is directly leading me to further costs (the axle requires replacing)?

Are there any particular laws in Australia that would be useful to draw their attention to other than ACCC?

Thank you and best wishes
Appreciate 0