Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I'd wager in the first 6 months or so in the US it will be impossible... if for some reason allocations don't sell out right away, then maybe that will become true. From what I can tell everything in my area is sold out. I've talked to three dealerships in about a 200 mile radius and there are 2-3 people on waitlist (and they turned away others in some cases) for each allocation expected at this point. Not any negotiating happening in that environment.
Time will tell how the demand is for the CS. All of the sporty 2 series starting with the M235i then the M2 and then on to the M2 Competition were all launched with great fan fair and proceeded to have a short supply for at least 6 months. Many dealers were demanding prices over MSRP only to offer discounts later on. Now the CS is launched.... we'll see what happens.
You're correct, all initially 2 series model lineage all had a initial high demand, when they were now introduce to the market.

The M235i, in early 2014, was marked-up because as I was told by my dealer; it's a "niche" model..

And the M2, I remember I was blowed away by it's $51,700 base price, which was the BMW bargain of the decade IMO but the dealer had only one, on the showroom floor, with a few cosmetic bits, proudly adorning a $65,000 price tag.. As if

I suspect the M2 CS will sell out for sticker because of the limited units. There are a lot of people that believe that this model would recreate the supple/demand jackpot, like what happen with the 1M.

Who knows, maybe it will.. :

I doubt the dealer's will discount the CS much, if any, when there is only 500 available, in the whole country of 325 million people.

To be honest, I like it and although it a lavish expense, if I could of swing it, I would throw my hat in the ring, to get me one.
Appreciate 1
sdhotwn2128.50