Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M/// View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Not sure if a Bmw forum is the best place to seek Porsche pricing, but as you mentioned it does seem to be overpriced compared to the newer generation which is objectively better.
I have seen a lot of bmw folks moving to the cayman so that’s why I posted here. Problem with Rennlist or other Porsche forums is that their views are really biased. No one wants to admit their cars may be overpriced. The feedback is not nuertral.
Yea the 911 crowd over there seems overly obsessed with resale value. It gets brought up continuously as one of the biggest factors in buying a 911. The 718 crowd seems more reasonable and able to acknowledge that the value of the 718 is dropping considerably with plenty of 1+ year old new cars still on dealer lots. That said, most of them seem to really enjoy the 718 and shrug off the depreciation as the cost of driving pleasure. I don't check in on the 981 sub forum that much but no doubt most of them probably beat their chest as having the last NA 6cyl cayman (although if rumor has it they will be releasing a 6cyl 718 next year).
Appreciate 1
///M///1861.00