Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdong
i definitely believe what you have said!
however, with 2016 M3/M4 lowered its price to compete with C63 AMG S, the fully optioned M2 will be around 120,000 AUD, the M3 is just 139,000 AUD MSRP, i really thinking to get the M3 now!!!

hahaha
This is why I'm pretty disappointed with the M2 from an Australian market perspective. Where is the value with N55 engine, No CF roof and crappy 2 series seats. I may as well pay the extra 20k just get the M3 but the problem for me is its too big for what I want in a drivers car.

It just highlights another factor where we get bent over here in Australia
The value is no different. Each market is getting a car with the same major features in the M2 and M4 and the one that costs less has less features on it. It's also readily apparent in pretty much all markets that BMW will definitely get you an M4 (or M3 should you desire ) relatively quickly vs waiting for an M2..

I think we all can agree that the prices Australians pay is far higher than most, however it would cost even more if they made a car differently just for the Aussie market by making an Aussie only s55 powered M2 (oy oy oy! That would be cool though! ) but that dream went by the wayside long ago..

.. All this whining about the n55. Whether it is an S50/s52/n54/n55 etc.. It's an M car and an M motor when BMW puts an M logo on it ...

The " crappy " seats can be retrofit and I am sure you can find a better seat than the ones in the m4 if you pick up an M2 for 20k less right ? Ya could even price a set of M3/M4 buckets and have the dealer drop them in for you if you really want..!

If the cf roof or the ceramic brakes are what you gotta have then you need to start taking to your dealer about making you a screaming deal on an M4.
Appreciate 0