01-22-2020, 11:08 AM   #1827
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Nice man keep it up! Progress is progress any way you look at it. You may need to stoke you metabolism a little. I'd slightly increase your calories for a week or two, then drop back down to the 1825 mark. Your body is most likely accustom to the amount of calories that you have been taking in and as a result it isn't working as efficiently as it could be.
This is great advice and a trick I use quite often.

Although I don't anymore like when I was obsessed with it, I use to track it with temperature. I would take my temperature upon first waking up and record it. After a while of being on a diet, you will see your average body core temp start to decline a little.

It's a "ghetto" way of keeping track of your metabolism and lets you know how efficient your thyroid is working. If your metabolism starts to slow...look at extra calories as throwing logs on the fire.

Once it got below a certain point, I would increase calories daily until I seen my temp go back up. Sometimes it would only take a few days....sometimes just one day of eating above your requirements is enough to get things going again.

That's where the concept of cheat meals come in....but I prefer to call them "re-feeds" as I'm adding calories, but it's just more of the food I'm already eating. So I'm not cheating as it's healthy food.

Also on a side note, I notice the leaner I get...the more re-feeds I have to incorporate to keep progress going. Once I'm below 9%, I can almost do a re-feed every 3 days without impeding process.