View Single Post
      11-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
KevM3UK
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

F22 1/2 Alcantara seats in M2

New seats now! I've allways hated the cheap (Plastic)leather that the M2 comes from the factory with, It looks really cheap and boring , its exactly the same as my 220i but with blue stitching, comfort wise they're fine and also mine being manual adjustment it got me thinking!
I've allways loved the 1/2 cloth 1/2 Alcantara sport seats the lesser 2 series have, (they eluded me when purchasing my 220i) the alcantara would match the alcantara door cards lovely I thought, and along with the cloth centres its like E30 & E36 M3s used to have, so a trawl through Ebay unearthed these beauties ,alcantara and cloth with blue stitching ,M tricolour flash and electrically adjustable side bolsters , They've only done 11k and from a non smoker car but a 4 hour drive to a BMW breakers in Rotherham to collect them, still its all in a days work! best was I had the lot inc doorcards for £240! they were a bit dusty from being in storage so yesterday I set about cleaning them

I used a steam cleaner and some all purpose upholstery cleaner

Cleaned up the doorcards too although im not using those

stripping out the seats then trialled the passenger seat ,im pleased to say it all worked

Rears fitted

Fronts in

Overall I'm really pleased with the outcome , I think they really suit the car ,lots of nice alcantara now , only gripes are I've lost my heated seats! no great shakes as you dont really need them with cloth and also the blue stiching is more like estoril than long beach blue as on the original door cards etc, but you'd have to look really hard to notice, I did'nt upon purchase as I thought they were all the same colour blue, still nevermind they're in now and staying, might find another set for our 220i !
Appreciate 4
gnx759.50
x233284.00
hans6912.50