View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #73
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
So did all of you read what the owner of the M2C says in the youtube comments?

It's what I'm always saying - some light modding to M cars, and the latest and greatest GT3's & GT3 RS's are perfectly within reach, and it's drivers skills that tilt the balance in favor of one or the other being faster at the track. And no, that doesn't mean the BMW needs to have a pro driver vs a complete rookie in the GT3 either!

But please, do keep comparing ring times and thinking a GT3 should be able to crush an M 'because the spec sheet says so', it makes it so much fun

Sounds like some really brave statements - so you're a better driver than the one in the 3RS in the video, right? Please, do share some of your videos at the track so we can be awed and schooled by your prowess behind the wheel!

And it doesn't seem like others are the ones lost in dark places, perhaps you can be enlightened by reading the M2C owner's comments?

Precisely! You can clearly tell the armchair racers from people that actually flog their cars at the track, what's disappointing is how many folks that go to the track still think they should buy their way into faster times by upping the hardware, when they are nowhere near the capabilities of the car. Gotta mod the driver...
Thank you for all the research you did to get the entire story from both drivers. Absolutely priceless when the GT3 RS driver said the little humble M2 Competition was pulling away from him.. Even more priceless when the M2C owner admitted he owned a GT3 RS and wanted a faster purpose built Ring car and choose the M2C. I am seeing I am not the only other multi 911 vehicle owner that has chosen the new M2C over another 911.
Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11421.00
BlkSVT388.50
Robin_NL8679.50