View Single Post
      12-25-2020, 03:36 AM   #42
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I love, love, love the 763's, but paying over $4k for a set of wheels in the stock dimensions is just ludicrous. My wife would kill me, and other than looks and a little weight, it doesn't get me anything that I don't have from the stock wheels (and still sticks me with the 255/275 restriction of the poem wheels).
Get the 763M wheels, fit PS4S and you're good.

The difference in weight and design is next level, also as regards driving. It's about physics (improved unsprung weight) and appeal (aesthetics).

Made by SAI (wheel manufacturer for several premium car manufacturers) for BMW for this car. It's not without reason that BMW fits those on the M4 CS, M3 CS and M2 CS and included those in the M Performance line a couple of years ago.

And as you fancy those, you will have zero regrets. The real thing.

The 4K/5K price-point is with Cup2 tires included and without dealer discount (so far each Spring BMW offered a 20% to 25% discount over here). Maybe they can also cut you a deal without tires. I had the Cup2 tires (still with stickers affixed / never driven) removed upon arrival and swapped for PS4S tires (better/safer performance in the wet + better mileage tire life) at a tire dealer.