View Single Post
      12-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #11
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
OG how is the car under heavy braking? My car is similar great turn in, controlable oversteer on exit (gotta learn to be less greedy with the throttle).

On hard braking the car is still a little nervous and I would like to try and minimize that.

Also how low did you go and did you do any roll center correction?

I got some used Bilstein Clubsports and they are great, appart from the spring groan when low speed steering.
What I found was that this setup would accentuate poor braking form on my part. When I would get sloppy with the pedal the car would get nervous like you saw too. Poor form on my part would typically be too hard of an initial press which I started out doing quite often. I left foot brake and when I also use my left leg to keep me stable in the stock seat with the 3pt I can tend to get too hard on the brakes when I bring my foot back over. This setup seemed to be less forgiving with that error giving me a bit of the wiggle. Wasn’t unstable though but yeah something would rather not have. Focusing on my form definitely would clear that up - not a bad thing to help reinforce better habits with me but also would prefer a bit more leeway there too.

Have not done any roll center correction to this point. So far all we are working on is the nitron setup - I want to get this kit as dialed in as possible before making any other changes.
Appreciate 0