View Single Post
      11-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #21
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
I have done a track day in the rain, pretty bad rain, and it's hairy. I don't have rain tires so not gonna risk it. If it's not raining in the morning i'll give it a go until it comes down, but if it's already raining i'm gonna just wait until the next event.
I agree, I don't see a whole lot of upside to a wet day if a lot of the track is on the oval. Might also guess that the infield portion is possibly fairly flat, maybe prone to standing water. Can think of a lot of betters things to do on a Saturday unless its something you have to be there for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I did my second wet track day this year at Nurburgring (first one was At Mid Ohio). It was scary AF. But there was a hidden benefit. It dried up in the afternoon, and I posted my PB that same day. I think the extra smoothness from driving with medium speed in the wet helped me once it was dry and speeds went up.

I also found out Cup2s are edgy in the wet.
GT3RS with paper plates on Cup2s hydroplaned in some standing water on the back straight at COTA. Driver ok, car done though. Cup2s can definitely be sketchy in the wet like you said -they don't tend to play real nice with standing water!

Wet track days though can be excellent teaching tools like you also said. Find it helps reinforce smoothness with me. My last track day it was wet & cool and I was on hard compound slicks. Aside from a couple of code browns I feel like overall it was a positive
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50