View Single Post
      10-19-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

New Owner Track Days

I saw this mentioned in another sub-forum, but every new 2020 vehicle purchase qualifies the owner to participate at a New Owner Track Day event either in the SC or CA BMW Performance Center. My wife and I just completed that event today and it was an absolute blast. The experience was about 2 hours and included the BMW off-road course, which was surprisingly awesome. The picture below is of my wife driving. I think I caught her right at the moment she was sure her vehicle was about to roll.

We also had track time in a Z4 M40i (OK, but not as responsive as the other options), an M2C, M4 (like the M2 with a couple sand bags in the trunk), and X5M. Each were a blast and they let us do 4 laps in each vehicle, erstwhile encouraging us to hit the gas harder and “stand on the brakes” entering the corners... things I would not be so apt to do in my own car.

The day ended with a hot-lap with a professional driver (and our instructor) in an M5C. We’re both still smelling like burnt tires, even after a local hike at Table Rock.

Tl;dr. Do the track day event, even if you’re doing PCD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ADDONE230.00
f87kevin123.50
iBurble99.00