10-15-2020, 08:01 PM   #43
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post

Not as slow, still fairly durable, and very consistent (DSC off from now on) - made the jump to NT01s. Increase in speed over the Direzzas but still are fairly friendly. What I really like about them here is that they don't grease up too bad and they stay extremely consistent throughout their lifespan to the point you can actually turn your fastest lap on that set when down to the cords. Really helps having an extremely consistent tire when still new to DSC off - don't have as much of a moving target of grip degradation when working towards finding the line.

To me from this point it's where ever you want to go from there. Stickier RE71s might be it, maybe the NT01s, maybe something else, or maybe you really hate money and want to get into the real sticky stuff.
You have me about convinced to try the NT01 next summer. Friendly breakaway is something I’m looking for. I’m comfortable with DSC off on only one of the four local tracks, but haven’t worked up to the others. Would like to work on that next year. I’ve relied on the DSC crutch too long.

I’ll also be splitting time with another car that has zero driver aids, so probably wise to make the transition 100% so I don’t carry bad habits or laziness to the other car.
Appreciate 2
OG Shark4692.50
5.M0NSTER3353.50