View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 09:10 PM   #39
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a white BMW

I just had my first weekend at COTA and now I'm on the hunt for tires for December's event, so this thread is of much interest to me. I don't want to derail it, but I'm very curious about which tire might be a good fit — I'm at a bit of a crossroads. I'm also how curious what delta in lap times you might expect to see between some of these tires.

My setup
'18 M2 DCT
Öhlins R&T
-3º front
-1.8º rear
Pagid RSL29 front

Last weekend I ran the stock 3-year-old Continental SportContact3 that came on the car. Even without the heat, searching for grip would be an understatement. So now I'm looking at what tire, and if I should either get 18" or 19" track setup.

OG Shark's comment about trade-offs makes a lot of sense and I think what I want is a tire/setup that isn't going to give up much on lap times but has good feel and break away properties and would last at least 2 weekends. I generally liked the way the car drove with the stock staggered sizes in terms of predictability. RS-4s may be the option as I continue to learn, but I do wonder what the delta in times would be from the RE-71R/A052/maybe even NT01 if I pick up 18" wheels. Oh... and not sure if this matters, but I like the curbs
Appreciate 0