10-13-2020, 07:07 AM   #32
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
This. I completely agree.

I'm not in a position to take spare tires with me to the track, which along with availability restriction drove me to Cup2. I also think having a bulletproof tire is important if it's your only set, and you like to attack curbs, and have to get home on the same set. I know there are faster tires, but for my use case they are a nice compromise.

Now I try to adjust my driving to be fairly quick, while being easy on tires to make them last. I start around 29psi cold, and don't let them get over 36. I usually have to air them down again by noon. I noticed Cup2 runs cooler by about 15C compared to Pilot Super Sport. Haven't seen them break 75C yet on the same track.

But you're spot on, having a combination of speed, drivability, durability and wet grip is a bit like solving a differential equation with 3 unknowns.
The obvious answer is that we all need full size & fully sponsor supported trailers filled with multiple racks of all the tires we could want funded by a very generous tire sponsor. If anyone figures that out please share your secret with the rest of us!
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
bentom2335.50