10-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #23
bentom2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpaso View Post
I know a lot of factors affect this, but what PSI would you start at cold to get them to 38 PSI hot? I'm just curious.

I've been able to get 35+ PSI hot at Laguna when starting out as low as 26 PSI cold.
Typically, I’d start the day at 28 on the outside and 29 on the inside, run a shortish session, then let a bit more air out. Usually 1-2 PSI unless conditions also changed. Occasionally I’d have to let a bit more out after the second session, or in the afternoon if the track temps had warmed up substantially, but I check throughout the day until I see them stabilize.

Great to hear more input on the GY SC3. That’s looking like a contender when you take both size and performance into account.

What are everyone’s thoughts on the OD of 35 vs 40 series tires on a 255f/275r set? Would you let one or the other steer your decision much? 40 series is closer to stock OD (same as M3/M4 fitment), but 35 series gives a few additional options.

Lots more options in a 265 or 275/35r18 square setup, but would prefer to consider staggered options for now. Might ultimately head that direction though.
Appreciate 1
kpaso183.00