View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #13
iBrakeLate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C AW View Post
I think you could be looking at your problem. Do the “pinch test” on the rear shocks. Check the clear distance between the lower bump stop and the shock bottom / end by pinching the bellows between your thumb and index finger. In my case, after installing / setting up per Ohlin Instructions, I had a mere half inch of shock travel, before sitting on bump stop. Not good.
Also, I suggest you try 1.8 to 2.0 degree rear camber, irrespective of what your pyrometer is telling you. That’s where most F8x guys end up after some experimentation.
I think we are maybe onto something.

Ever since Wednesday, the day I had it on track, I've actually shortened the shock length by two turns and after reading what you just wrote I went out to check the amount of rod the shock has before the bump stops. Obviously Ohlins USA is closed now to see if under 2 inch of shock travel is sufficient, but this could have been definitely the cause of the erratic behavior of the car.

Just check out the video of the lap and a bit which I posted on Youtube, you'll see how wild the car was.

Appreciate 0