View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 07:44 PM   #12
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrakeLate View Post
That is an area which we are going to be looking at actually. Just got off the phone with Brian @ Ohlins, he was super helpful with trying to narrow the problem down.

The way it works on the M2, is you need to set the ride height with the preload adjustment (so the perch on the spring), then match the ride height adjuster (shock length) according to that. This might sound weird, but I am using the terminology from their own manual, which kind of can be mislading, because the ride height adjustment only adjusts the shock/dampener length which by itself will not adjust ride height unless you change the preload.
I think you could be looking at your problem. Do the “pinch test” on the rear shocks. Check the clear distance between the lower bump stop and the shock bottom / end by pinching the bellows between your thumb and index finger. In my case, after installing / setting up per Ohlin Instructions, I had a mere half inch of shock travel, before sitting on bump stop. Not good.
Also, I suggest you try 1.8 to 2.0 degree rear camber, irrespective of what your pyrometer is telling you. That’s where most F8x guys end up after some experimentation.
Appreciate 0