View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 08:25 AM   #3
iBrakeLate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Your alignment doesn't make sense to me, I've never heard of anyone running that way it's not NASCAR. Set both rears to -1.8 with stock toe in. The Ohlins are over sprung and under damped in stock form, the f8x kit is disappointing in my experience. Try softening the rear dampers to add more grip to the rear.
Thank you for the input, but I don't think you read anything I wrote, other than the alignment specs.

Actually on a race track where you have 80% of the turns that are right hand turns, and 20% are only left hand turns, the stagger on the camber makes perfect sense. Think about it, the reason why you are using camber is to maximize the contact patch on the corners, and a car has 4 tires. When you turn right, the camber on the right hand of the car actually does not help you with the contact patch, so by compromising a little for the left hand turns, you run less negative camber on one side and your contact patch is increased for 80% of the corners on that given track layout.

Also your recommendation of running less camber in the back again does not make sense, we did cross temps on tires, and the rear is asking for more camber.

I appreciate you trying to help though.
Appreciate 1
CrashFL137.50