View Single Post
      09-26-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
Datka
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 ,2021 M340i

340I chasing M2 comp at thunderbolt NJMP

So I was at NJMP yesterday with my daily driver 340i and because f30 track forum is very inactive I decided to post this video here.
But main reason I do this is because M2 is involved and I thought some of you may be interested to see this. Maybe even the owner of that M2 can chime in with his comments if he is on this forum.
He actually found me after that session in the paddock to see my car and meet me. He was an instructor.
Also I am interested in M2 comp. and may even replace my daily next year.
Now some details about my car: 2018 340i m sport/8 sp. auto
GC street C.Plates, PFC 08 front brake pads, apex wheels with 275/35 18 square hoosiers R7 that had about 25 heat cycles(from my m3).
Everything else is stock.
M2 owner said his car is M2 comp. with coil overs on stock Michelin tires.
I ran this car with the tune for two track days before this day, and first time I was slower at this track and lap times were significantly lower on same tires and second time at LRP I lost power 5 min into the first session and limp mode kicked in, couldn't go faster than 40 mph.
So I detuned the car, back to stock power and car felt slower than tuned on the street, but came alive on the track.
So here is the video of our second session when white M2 passes me and that triggered the chase for the rest of that session:

For some reason end of the session wasn't recorded, we maintained the same distance until I had to pit because was driving with a bad head ache and it was getting worse progressively.