09-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #64
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusT View Post
This is with the "talk more" setting A. K. A "advanced race coach"

My friend also drove and below is his second session in the less talkative mode "race coach"

This video shows data from Racechrono. If you export video from the Catalyst it contains nothing extra, just the camera video. No data overlay. But if you watch the video on the Catalyst it shows some. And more importantly it has a number of pages with data, tips on how to improve on different sections an so on. The in car coaching is just one part of it all

And yes, I'm not seconds off what's possible, I think if you have just a handful of tenths left the Catalyst might be of limited help, at least coaching while out on the track it seems. The analysis and tips on the tablet might help but I'm still trying to figure out how I can transform the tablet info to real benefits on track.

hmm even your friend did not get as much FB as I expected. The Apexpro gives FB on every corner (all be it only lights).

I think what would be really handy is an "ideal line" and maybe "ideal speed" or "ideal Gs" on the unit with the cars real time position relative to it. Although I suspect the GPS refresh and signal quality are the limiting factor here.