09-11-2020, 04:56 PM   #147
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshon View Post
Car is coming together very nicely! Are you considering the spoon rigid collars? Im thinking of getting some and the shop your going to seems to be installing a lot of them and advertise noticeable improvements.
Spoon rigid collars definitely do make a difference. I first heard about them in my s2000 days, and a lot of folks put them on and had fantastic results. So I've been thinking about it on the M2 as well.

However I have some things I need to take care of first maintenance-wise before I dip into any more "fun" parts lol!

Two big issues for me right now are my paint and my suspension. For my paint, I deeply regret not spending a little money to wrap the front bumper. Now I have rock chips and all that. I also have some hard water spots that I need to get buffed out, it's been terrible weather over here for the past three months or so - we had 57 straight days of rain and 3 typhoons in 14 days. Rain plus brutal sun plus rain again just means that all this gets baked on. I've washed as much as I can but it's hard to make it to the car wash in a torrential downpour. So my plan is to get the front bumper + high touch areas wrapped next month, and I'm going to re-do the ceramic coat with a more hydrophobic product.

For the suspension, it's really driving me nuts - getting the pops and clicking noises when turning at low speeds. I'd say it's even gotten worse with the camber plates. This all boils down to using the stock bearings, I need to put in some needle bearings to reduce / eliminate the friction between the spring and the top hat. I'll do that sometime next month along with an oil change.

One those are done I was thinking about maybe getting some aero in the spring, looking at a Lightweight front lip and maybe getting a wing but I'm really torn on that. I'm also wanting to get some 18" Volks or at worst 18" Apex's.

Above all else I really need to get some seat time at the track. My work has me limited on outside activities (basically since I'm overseas they have more say on what I can / cannot do in light of "safety") due to Covid, so I'm hoping once the case count is back under 100 I can make it to the track. Ultimate goal.