CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
For crying out loud... It has happened again. A stone got stuck between the brake caliper and the rim barrel. Not right, but left this time. Damn it...

I am done with it. I have emailed Tarox, talking to another supplier and going to call the importer for AP Racing. I am going to fix a 380mm disc with a 6-pots caliper. The lightest solution wins...

The annoying bit is that when I called some insiders following my rim situation, I heard that BMW M simply messed this one up. They know internally that in the design phase this should not have happened, because many clients have complained about it.

They are aware that the design of the disc, caliper and steering construction and setup is faulty and should not have been done like that. Stupid thing is that they had the same on the M4 GTS so I feel saving cost was the driver here.

But then again it is what it is... Not much else we can do. Another new rim incoming. With a 4 mm thick barrel any damage means a new BBS rim.

Onwards... I have more to repair. The engine still has the hydraulic lifter noise, the turn indicators are malfunctioning and giving errors, and I will try again and see if I can clean the holes in the discs. Gonna do a bit more work in the workshop tomorrow. BMWs hey... mine clearly is in love with my mechanic.

MR
Did Tarox get back to you regarding weight of their sets?
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 0