Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Love some track chit chat!

Still deciding what to do to get the car ready.

Has anyone tracked extensively with stock brakes? Apart from the difficulty of changing pads I think with pads/fluid they should be sufficient. I'd mainly change them so I can run 18's, but having 5K in a set of AP's doesn't seem that sensible given the capability of the stock setup.

Suspension wise I'm torn between - Ohlins (had these on my E90), TC Kline, JRZ RS1. I like the fact the JRZ won't reduce inner clearance, not a fan of spacers.

I'll probably run RE-71 again, although I'd like something that lasts a little longer. AD08r may be worth shot, although it's a pretty old compound at this point. Looks like all the Apex 19's are sold out. Need good wheel suggestions! Thinking I may just pickup a used set of 437M's.
On the M2 I decided not to run a high end shock like Moton, JRZ, AST, MCS's etc.
The reasoning is rebuilds. I have a set of JRZ Pro's on my 17 Miata RF and I had 2 blown shocks at the 20K mark. I drive my M2 on the street and wanted a strut that was bulletproof. I've run TCK's before and they were bulletproof.

It cost me $2K to pull my JRZ's send them out have them rebuilt then reinstalled with a comp alignment. I love the JRZ's, but not the upkeep....
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 2