02-10-2020, 12:16 PM   #42
Malakas
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by booya_45 View Post
I plan on using TCK this year for suspension setup too. Did you corner balance your setup? Did you have to purchase adjustable end links to do corner balancing?
Great question. I did not corner balance it due to time constraints (mine), but plan on doing so. Will report back if new endlinks are needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
This - I am the same way. The biggest key for me to enjoy a session is trust in the setup. That is also the first key for me to be able to push during a race or TT - knowing that mechanically the brakes are going to give you the same level of performance every time is huge mentally to give you the comfort to explore the limits.

That's awesome TCK setup has worked out so well for you.
I've been very pleased with the TCK for the role in which I needed it (lowering, better ride quality over OEM when soft, and the ability to stiffen it up for the track). Arguably the MCS stuff is straight up legit - but I think it was overkill for my particular mission. Plus, TCK has a M2 comp and he tracks it a ton so he's a wealth of info and you can call him up directly. Idk, in this modern day of vendors and reps and all these middle people whose knowledge comes from reading websites and watching youtube (like us), I like being able to call the "actual guy".

Absolutely agree about the mechanical trust. It just has to be there so you can focus on doing your job... picking new deeper braking points, working on a gentle pedal release etc... when you're stressed about the parts actually doing their job, its just mental overload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
The only way you can do it right on the racetrack and not brake till you see God is ... trackpads.
Amen.
2012 - 5.2L R8 v10, 6MT
2011 - 4.0L E92 M3, 6MT
Appreciate 0