mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Love some track chit chat!

Still deciding what to do to get the car ready.

Has anyone tracked extensively with stock brakes? Apart from the difficulty of changing pads I think with pads/fluid they should be sufficient. I'd mainly change them so I can run 18's, but having 5K in a set of AP's doesn't seem that sensible given the capability of the stock setup.

Suspension wise I'm torn between - Ohlins (had these on my E90), TC Kline, JRZ RS1. I like the fact the JRZ won't reduce inner clearance, not a fan of spacers.

I'll probably run RE-71 again, although I'd like something that lasts a little longer. AD08r may be worth shot, although it's a pretty old compound at this point. Looks like all the Apex 19's are sold out. Need good wheel suggestions! Thinking I may just pickup a used set of 437M's.
I had the stock brakes at COTA with Ferodo 1.11 pads. Very pleased with them, however the PITA that it is changing the front pads out was enough for me to switch out to an AP Essex setup. My car is a DD and the noise drove me a bit batty. Needed an easier way to change back to street pads. There's also the weight saved by moving to this setup, and of course not having to deal with the fried dust seals. If you track often then it's a very worthwhile upgrade IMO.