View Single Post
      02-07-2020, 07:04 AM   #25
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Thanks for this, I'll give it a try. On first look the physics engine is not too good, but the track layout looks legit.
Even with my decent thrustmaster setup, the physics from the sim to the car never really translate, esp for changing conditions. You need the top end Fanatec setup to get in the ballpark.

But, it’s been a huge help learning new tracks before I actually get there. When I did COTA for the first time last year, I used the sim to learn the track and was blown away that it felt like I’d already been there many times. Altho, you still have to learn where the bad bumps & tarmac are on the real track.

Another thing I do is search & watch track instructional videos from the pros. Some you have to pay for, some you don’t. I always do that before I begin a new track in the sim, turn the assist line off and keep my notes close by, just like real life.

Afterwards, I’ll watch my previous track videos to remember the track before I go back, and to see where I did well and did not. It’s pretty easy to pick out where you can do better when you’re sitting on the couch watching yourself drive.

Also, besides Ross Bentley’s books which are required reading, Optimum Drive is a good book to read about getting your head right.

Track time is expensive; sim, video, and reading time aren’t. So, I do what I can to make sure I’m 100% focused before the front tires roll onto the track.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50