02-06-2020, 07:34 AM   #17
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakas View Post
Love that racecar!

You got 275 R7s on the front of your M2??
Yeah 275/35/18 on 18 x 9.5 ET28 - but with a 7mm spacer to clear the spring perch from the Ohlins R&T. Really tight but does clear. 295/30/18 on 18 x 10.5 ET40 for the rear. No DSC with this setup - the F to R diameter messes with it pretty considerably. Not the perfect world setup for tire:wheel - but I have found it to work really well on the track. Eyeballing the yoko A052's in 265/295 to try as my durability set. Then move to Pirelli DH in 285/305 as the get stupid set.

Taking the racecar back up to Austin tonight for the SCCA races this weekend - hopefully we have the fueling issues figured out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
March or April, depends on when Apex actually ships the wheels.

Right now what I have ordered is an 18x9 / 18x10 set and I plan to start with 255 & 275 R888Rs. Time trials is a different beast due to tread wear and width restrictions as well as available contingencies.
Only a month or two away - not too bad. What organization/class will you be running in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFL View Post
Hey, just moved to SA, and I'm planning to hit ECR, MSR-H and COTA this year in my '17. Looking for recommendations for a performance shop, preferably in San Antonio..... Austin if absolutely necessary.

Thanks!!
Welcome to SA Crash! Might add MSR Cresson to that list - about the same distance for us as MSR Houston and in my opinion a more enjoyable track. Harris Hill is supposed to get a large percentage of the track repaved in April which would be a game changer out there. It's a pretty fun layout but has gotten so rough that I will not be going back until it is fixed.

PM inbound on shops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Still winter here in Deutschland, but I already registered for 2 days at the 'Ring late April and early May. Will also do 1 day in July and one more in September. Here are a few photos from last season while I can do nothing but wait
Awesome pics, worth the wait! Nice little summer you have planned there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Still waiting for you to fab some kits up for us fellow racers to purchase!
I shouldn't do this - but I will divulge one of our top trade secrets... those ratchet straps are actually pretty easy to find anywhere - and in different colors if you really want to get crazy with it

The piping & brace for the intercooler are my priorities for April & May while my M3 is shutdown those couple of months. Wish me luck...
Appreciate 0