jnoyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BSM M2 6MT Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
I just got back into town from vacation and finally had a chance to test-fit the Alzors. Sadly, no go. Even the rears wouldn't clear. The shape of the barrels is such that they narrow too much toward the face of the wheel, causing them to hit the outside of the caliper before they seat on the hub.

I have an RMA from ECS, so they'll get shipped back for a refund. I should have known it was too good to be true.

At this point I think I'm just going to go with the EC-7s. They're known good and won't need any spacers.

Alzors are on the way back to ECS, and EC-7s have been ordered. I went with the 18x10 ET43 for the rear instead of the ET33 Apex lists as the M2 fitment (Apex confirmed they would fit fine). I want to be closer to stock offset while still having leeway to fine-tune the final offset. The ET43 gives me a full 10mm of offset to play with and still be legal to the Street class rule set.
And the 18 x 9 ET31 front? Do you plan to run 255/275 or something else? This setup keeps calling to me even though I was trying not to spring for wheels this year. But there is another side benefit - with reduced diameter comes a 9.3mm lowering of the car. It's small stuff, but sometimes we are only separated by a few hundredths. I'll take whatever advantage I can get...
Appreciate 0