View Single Post
      04-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #37
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Depends. My kids saw the A-Team movie with all the new special effects. Blowing up airplanes, tanks on parachutes and all of these cool things that were visually impacting and my kids liked it. So we went to Netflix and I showed them the original TV series with no cussing and they watched a couple of episodes and thought it was boring. The new one with all the flash and CGI was more interesting.

Then I explained to my son that the helicopter chasing the car 12 inches off the ground, hitting the roof and dodging mountains was done with a real helicopter and real stunt people! I showed him how cars were flying and blowing up with real explosives and there was real danger of someone getting hurt or a helicopter crashing, etc. Then he saw it in a whole new light and while the dialog was lame, it was no longer as boring. Now he was riveted to the stunts.

I think the M2 can go either way but following the trend of current BMWs it will be like the modern interpretation of the A-Team. It will be badder, faster and more visually striking but if it's lamed up with CGI intake sound through the speakers, CGI steering, CGI flashing lights and gadgetry all over the dash that are visually impacting but detract from focus and the primary mission of driving excitement, then it will just be another cynical interpretation of the old but "real" original.
Appreciate 1