Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Geil View Post
I picked up a set of M4 front and rear seats. The backs were already painted Yas Marina Blue. I was on the fence about replacing them with carbon fiber backs but the color really looks good, especially with an all black interior.

The rear backs required on to have the bracket swapped as they M4 bracket is different. The bottom has to have a mod done on the back but waiting for it to come back from having that finished.

The fronts only required to swap the computer under the seat. Tried it without swapping the computer and got instant airbag warnings when I connected the battery back. Oh well, I tried the short cut.

All functions in the seats work as normal, except the ///M logo doesn't light up. I'll have to figure out the wiring for that another day. Memory, heat, and all adjustments work as they should in either car.

I'm so happy with the way they feel and they really do look good in my opinion.
Quick check: you swapped the computers from the original seats and - in addition to working as they should - you didn't get any airbag or seatbelt-related SRS lights?

If so, this looks a lot less tricky than some other posts have suggested where people were having to swap the airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners too.

TIA
Swap was straightforward after swapping the computers under the seat. As long as your going with same features ie heat, power, memory then is simple. No coding or errors.