View Single Post
      02-15-2020, 03:39 PM   #15
BigJRocksIt
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

So, finally got some dry weather here and was able to test this a bit. And before I begin, I agree with everyone that this is likely BS from the dealer rep. I just came from a heavily modded supercharged Miata ND so I'm familiar with "quirks", but again, this is my first BMW and I'm still learning what's what.

Now, I am starting to agree that there is something not right with my M2. This morning I tested everything they said would activate the behavior I see, but they were wrong. What I did notice is this: this seems to happen more when coming out of reverse, but I was only able to reproduce it once. Noticing that behavior I did learn something new. That moving the shifter to the right twice will throw the car into Sequential mode. I wonder if there is something wonky with that sensor that every now and then it registers two clicks instead of one and throws it into Sequential. Also, after learning today (I'm slow, forgive me) that moving the shifter multiple times to the right switches between Auto and Sequential mode, I wonder if I'm doing this unknowingly. Coming from a manual Miata I would always jiggle the shifter to make sure I'm in neutral at stops. I don't think I'm doing that, but I've been driving a manual for a long time.

I'm going to take it in and have them test the shifter again to make sure it's solid. Thanks to everyone for helping and being open to listening. I came from a great Miata community and I'm happy to se this group is just as good.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0