First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough007 View Post
I wasn't going to pay either way. CarPlay is only nice to have for Waze and that's it. Music apps all work via Bluetooth. The annoyances far outweighed the benefits. I sit in traffic for my commute. Opening a web link to a bring a trailer auction for example forces the audio to move from whatever I am listening to over to the web audio that doesn't exist. I am guessing the active countdown tricks the system into thinking something is playing. Same with using Shazam. The use of microphone automatically thinks I am trying to give a command and kills the music I am trying to Shazam. I believe these are Apple issues.

I am guessing BMW told Apple their prices were too high, Apple wouldn't negotiate, and BMW said, okay, we will charge for it and see what the take rate is to prove or disprove the value add Apple claims and charges for. Apple likely wouldn't like the results so, they were likely more willing to negotiate to avoid the bad press of dismal take rates.
All of what you have mentioned has been corrected with the updates to CarPlay with iOS 13.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50