View Single Post
      10-18-2019, 03:40 AM   #35
Machinist
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I can confirm today that the Emulator Control Module or ECM is now available at pre-order. You have heard me talking about it for months now and finally it is available for a large number of cars.

The development took long and was done by a technical genius. Now the box is ready to be pre-ordered and shipped out with a large number of variants being available, because the ECM doesn't offer one function but many. Standard the box offers disabling of the ASD and auto start/stop. If you don't want those disabled, tell the seller before shipping.

Other features are OPF-Delete, CAT-Delete / Delete-R and valve control via the cruise control toggle on the steering wheel. You can opt of seven different variants that offer a mix between these features. At this moment, seven variants are being offered. Additional changes to the features in the box are not being offered right now, but further developments are of course on the cards for 2020. For now this product is available for clients that need a solution for their OPF-Delete and Delete-R, and for those who want to switch between OPEN, CLOSE and AUTO on their exhaust valves.

The ECM is connected to the CAN bus of the vehicle and therefore ECU or DME tuning is not required to disable any sensors. Therefore your warranty is not impacted.

However for us M2C owners there is a catch. The M2C and M4C with OPF are a pain in the ass. Since they are based on an architecture connected to the S55 engine, the OPF delete feature set of the ECM hasn't been finished yet. It will be finished in November with testing on-going as we speak. For a range of Fxx and Gxx models it is already available.
Great write up! i assume the M2C and M4C has the same problems with the OPF!

Would you recommend running the car with stock OPF link pipes and de catted 3" downpipes ?
of course running with the ECM to delete the OPF sensors (previously causing drivetrain)

I read in your post that having the physical OPF in the linkpipes will hurt the engine if the downpipes were swapped for decatted better flow downpipes?

cheers
Appreciate 0