View Single Post
      04-21-2018, 11:01 PM   #44
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Turbo arrived on Friday, went to work immediately to get it all bolted on. It took about 5 hours to get it bolted back on the vehicle. Everything went quite smoothly with only the inlet pipe slowing us down!

Comparison of Compressor...

Comparison of Turbine...

Here are some more progress pictures...

So far I've just been running the MHD (BMS) BEF and the JB4 in Map 3 with a methanol additive of 75 (around 19.5 psi max). I don't want to run the turbo too hard just yet. My N20 TMAP sensor arrives Monday along with my direct port methanol injection kit. Once those are on the car (hopefully Monday evening) I'll be able to push the car some more and get rid of the boost taper and truly feel what this turbo is capable of.

Expect more pictures to follow of the next couple installs and then I'll be sure to document the tuning process as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Awesome. Please let us know if marking the EWG position method works or not. Curious to see if it can be done with that method.

I wrench on my own cars as well and I applaud anyone that does the same. I am getting quotes as we speak for an external 2 garage at my house so I can install a 2 post car lift.
Marking the EWG adjustment nuts before removal as well as taking HD pictures of the EWG arm and counting the threads definitely does work. The EWG position code didn't pop up on first start, and hasn't in 24 hours! Safe to say that this method works and ISTA isn't exactly needed.

Last edited by Endeav; 04-21-2018 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 5
SeanWRT3179.00
65lim23.50
AndrewC198910931.00
skiparock182.50