04-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #39
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Why didn’t you keep BM3 and use it with the jb4? Will you be using ethanol? I do not want to use meth so I’m kinda interested to know why meth and not just ethanol?

Great car and thread will be following.
The only real reason for moving off BM3 and onto MHD is because of support with the JB4.

For port methanol injection you have two routes for a controller, AIC6 or JB4 - I went the JB4 route. Because of this I decided to go MHD for the flash route just because of how well it is supported by the creators of the JB4 - they're familiar with MHD and are able to provide a proper back end flash for the car since they know what the JB4 will be doing etc. Nothing against BM3 - if I had gone the AIC6 route I'd definitely be sticking with BM3.

I went methanol because I'm located in Canada. Unfortunately up here we don't have any ethanol mixture at the pumps. I'd have to buy E95 barrels, store them, and mix them at home. Not the most convenient and ideal situation.

Another factor was that the N55 has fueling issues up top once you go over a certain power level, and ethanol doesn't 100% fix that issue. You'll eventually reach a bottle-neck by trying to run JUST the OEM fueling setup. The only real way to get around that is some form of supplemental fueling in addition to the OEM HPFP - this can be direct port fuel injection (bigger LPFP), or direct port methanol injection. If you have access to ethanol the best way to go about this would definitely be direct port fueling and just running some form of ethanol mix in the gas tank!
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50