04-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #36
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
Awesome! Yea we have some smaller, rough, local track as well and I totally get it... Area27 opening a couple of years ago was truly a blessing for us car nuts, as the mountains are just as fun, but more dangerous of course.

I have a full track build taking place currently on my 2'er, and thought of doing PS2 and running low boost, as well, and the JB4's boost-by-gear from 1-3 (MT) as that would solve any overpowering scenerio's I'd be faced with, on R compounds and a fast track. I can't imagine the tighter tracks, running more than 380-400whp in the lower gears, it would be fun, but... lol

I assume you're keeping the JB4 as your boost/meth controller? That was my intention as well, even if I don't go PS2, but the BEF +JB4/meth on stock turbo at the very least.

Can't wait to see what this beast puts down, great job on the DIY, too, CLEAN work!
Yup! JB4 for boost and direct port methanol controller. Allows me to easily swap the boost level using Map 6, or even just running a smaller additive map on top of the BEF. Additionally keeps me quite safe should anything go awry with the methanol setup. I'll definitely keep the thread updated as I go through tuning / tracking the vehicle.

Our local track has one straight with a much tighter back-half, and you definitely wouldn't want anything much more than stock power for the back half. Like you said, it could be fun, but perhaps a little too much - especially for someone who isn't chasing lap times. Ideally once the car is fully dialed in I'd like to take it to Brainerd Raceway in Minnesota and get the full track experience.

Appreciate the kind words - thanks!
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00