04-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #35
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
Definitely street driving / highway pulls just as much as track time. Our local road racing track isn't the most stellar track around, but we have to make do with what we have!

I was lucky enough to do 4 full track days last year in the M2 and it was a blast at stock power level. I definitely plan to track with the Pure Stage 2 turbo, but it'll be at a lower boost level. I can only imagine that the car would be quite the handful if I were to track with 500+ wHP - hence why I plan on turning the boost down for those days!
Awesome! Yea we have some smaller, rough, local track as well and I totally get it... Area27 opening a couple of years ago was truly a blessing for us car nuts, as the mountains are just as fun, but more dangerous of course.

I have a full track build taking place currently on my 2'er, and thought of doing PS2 and running low boost, as well, and the JB4's boost-by-gear from 1-3 (MT) as that would solve any overpowering scenerio's I'd be faced with, on R compounds and a fast track. I can't imagine the tighter tracks, running more than 380-400whp in the lower gears, it would be fun, but... lol

I assume you're keeping the JB4 as your boost/meth controller? That was my intention as well, even if I don't go PS2, but the BEF +JB4/meth on stock turbo at the very least.

Can't wait to see what this beast puts down, great job on the DIY, too, CLEAN work!