View Single Post
      04-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #24
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
Thanks for the kind words! Definitely take pride in being able to do this work myself, even if it means learning as I go lol.

As far as the EWG learning - I'm not 100% certain if this will work, but I've taken very good photos of the EWG position prior to removal as well as marked the EWG arm and adjusting nuts from where they were on the OEM turbo. I'm going to do my best to line them up when I get the turbo back and hope that it is enough to satisfy the DME.

If it isn't, I have access to ISTA at home so I could try it myself. Alternatively, I'm very close with my dealership and can just have them do the procedure for me using BMW ISTA. When I hit that part of the install, I'll definitely be sure to make note of it!

Appreciate it! I wish I had a picture of all the bags of bolts - I'll get one and upload it lol. Each and every bolt is labelled and thrown into individual zip-lock bags. Didn't want to mix anything up or lose anything!
Awesome. Please let us know if marking the EWG position method works or not. Curious to see if it can be done with that method.

I wrench on my own cars as well and I applaud anyone that does the same. I am getting quotes as we speak for an external 2 garage at my house so I can install a 2 post car lift.
Appreciate 0