View Single Post
      06-27-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
David@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2

Active Autowerke | M2 Signature Exhaust (Sneak Peek)

We've spent the last few weeks designing our M2 exhaust and I'm happy to say that we've begun building our prototype. We put a lot of thought in to the exhaust design and wanted to build something that would be extremely functional without sacrificing aesthetics or sound quality.

Requirements
  • Free flowing design
  • 100% Stainless construction
  • Retain all OEM chassis braces
  • Smooth sound
  • OEM Valve control
  • Flawless fitment
  • Quad tip design (we will be using our 90mm double walled brushed or black tips)

As stated above, we plan to keep the OEM valve motor, but with a twist! I can't release full details yet but we will be using the valve system. We will also be seamlessly mating our exhaust to our downpipe. The exhaust diameter will not shrink below 3.5" from the turbo back! The OEM downpipe (and all other aftermarket downpipes) taper down to a ~3" diameter pipe where the stock exhaust connects. Our downpipe will be modular, and will be sold with a straight 3.5" link pipe to mate to our Signature exhaust system or with an adapter pipe to connect to the OEM exhaust system. The idea is that when using our downpipe and full exhaust system, you will have a true 3.5" turbo back system with zero backpressure and high exhaust velocity!

I will update this thread as we make progress on the system, and I will be glad to answer any questions as well!

We are also using a true 3" valve (as opposed to the OEM 2.5") that utilizes the OEM valve motor!

**Update 7/6/16**

We've now completed 3 different variations of the rear muffler and still have not settled on a sound that we find acceptable. We've been playing with a few different mufflers to try and find the perfect combination so that the car is extremely aggressive with the valve open but also tame enough with the valve closed to keep your neighbors happy.

Today we're trying another variation and I personally have high hopes for this setup. I'll update as soon as it's complete.

Keep in mind that our car has a catless downpipe installed, but we're also considering the sound level for cars with catted downpipes. We WILL find that happy medium!

Here's a couple shots of some progress.

Last edited by David@ActiveAutowerke; 07-13-2016 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 4