View Single Post
      11-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #56
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
Nezil It's cold in my garage... Hard to get the motivation to go out there and screw around when I can barely feel my hands. I also have been hooking the car up to a battery charger when playing with coding, which is more hassle than anticipated.

I also ran into all sorts of weirdness with E-sys and my coding laptop when I just tried to enable Euro parking lights... strange stuff with the descriptive text not appearing in E-sys for some reason. I think i may have resolved this by uninstalling and re-installing both esys and the Launcher, but I haven't gone back out to the car to screw with it again.

I'm really sad that I can't set my indicators to blink 5x; for some reason all of the coding guides mention this but fail to mention that it's apparently impossible on newer releases of car firmware.

I also haven't had my break-in service yet, and I'm wary of doing any major coding changes for fear that it will cause problems with any software updates they need to do (i.e. cluster software update/recall to fix the failure-to-turn-on bug).

I'm probably going to turn on VLD after your positive experience there though.
Definitely make sure your E-Sys is working properly... I'd hate for you to have issues there.

I've kept backups of my car and before the break in service I plan to reset all the coding back to stock. It's less than a 5 minute job, and I have records of everything I've changed and I figure it's safest to put it back that way before it goes in, particularly, as you said, because of the cluster issues.

I've not found the battery issue to be that important. E-Sys allows you to code off-line, so the actual time spent in the car is minimal. In most situations I don't even start the engine, just put the ignition on, because I know I'll be done in less than a few minutes.

I'm interested in the Euro parking lights... what behaviour is it that's different from ours and how do you enable parking lights after coding?

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0