AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
I do worry as was intending to go PS4S when my stock MPSS run out.

I know firsthand how grippy the PS4S which BMW didn't time the car to.

I read an article almost saying the PS4S can be too grippy, especially in a RWD car where fun/pleasure comes from brief moments of controlled lost traction.

Anyone on an OG M2 with stock tyre sizes on PS4S able to chime in?
When I got down to the wear bars on my stock Contis I would literally drift taking 10mph turns off stoplights. So much fun but I'd get wheel spin and traction lights when flooring it in a straight line which wasn't great and the car was basically undrivable in the rain. Switched to PS4S (in OEM sizes) and there is so much grip in comparison to the worn-out tires that it felt like a completely different car when I drove it after the switch. I wouldn't say the PS4S have too much grip but I have yet to get the tail to kick out around a turn in town. You can call this good and bad in the sense that the car feels more precise, but the ability to fishtail around turns at low speed in the dry is gone and probably won't come back until I wear the rears out a bit. I think you'd have that "problem" with any new tire though and you'd have to break them in a little to be able to slide with little to no effort. I can't compare the PSS to the PS4S as I had Contis but I'm overall very happy I made the switch even if some of the magic is gone. The snap oversteer I'd get breaking loose with the Contis felt super dangerous and now I don't worry about it at all.
Appreciate 3