View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #12
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Im signed up for the Friday DE only....but might stick around to spectate Saturday’s race.
Good deal, enjoyed the DE last year but the traffic got a bit frustrating at times. Was a lot of fun with some of the race teams mixed into the groups though. I'll be in an m240iR for the weekend - should be a lot of fun seeing how it compares to our M2's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
Ohlins R&T and TC Kline Double Adjustable are both right around $3k. Looks like MCS 1w are a bit more for on the F8x platform for whatever reason, around $3,300. Springs and camber plates are another $1,100.

The overkill you bring up for 2w or 3w is exactly what I’m trying to figure out for the $3k options vs the MCS. Support and service are certainly worth something. Sounds like TCK is at least s accessible as MCS, and my preferred local shop is an Ohlins dealer, including in house rebuild/revalve.

FWIW, I’ve absolutely ruled out KW CS. At $5k, I’d absolutely go with your recommendation instead.

This stuff is tough to work through. It’s at least as subjective as tires or brake pads, but at least I can experiment with those and find what works for me. With suspension, you’re stuck with it for a long time, or out a hefty sum to switch.

On the other hand, coming from stock suspension, I’m sure any of these options will be a nice improvement.
Having your preferred shop being that familiar with Ohlins is definitely a plus. But would also think MCS would get you sorted out pretty quickly as well - with a bit of extra time in the mix for shipping. Hopefully the service frequency doesn't end up being that much either way you go so it doesn't end up being an issue.

Do you have wheels & tires figured out yet? With the larger spring perches vs oem you might need to consider this as well. I know with the Ohlins it is very, very tight - but I can run a 9.5" front with 285 Pirelli DH or 275 Hoosier R7 on the track. I back down to a 265 MP4S on the street. Run all these on 18" wheels. Not sure about the size of the MCS - maybe PrimeBMW can give you some feedback here. I want to say that Ohlins is on the larger size so MCS should have better clearance, but I'm definitely not 100%. Just something else to consider if you haven't already - a lot going on with our M2's.
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50