04-24-2022, 10:49 PM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp08401 View Post
Looking for advice, any insight or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Having issues with my 435ix, N55, automatic, 55k miles (warranty expired) specifically at random Im get multiple malfunction warnings pop up on idrive screen (in video attached). Occurs approximately 70% of the time I drive the car. Also getting codes:
- Valvetronic: 133E10 Adjustment fault to. frequent(lift)
-EWG: 123432 Learning limit stop (closed), 123401 Cold start malfunction, 123408 Charging pressure control deactivated.

Took car to BMW and dealership said needs new EWG Actuator, Valvetronic motor and eccentric shaft. They do not know what the underlying issue is that caused this. I've researched at length and found it could be a list of things. My concern is if I spend $$$$ to get all these parts replaced but no guaranty it solves the malfunction warnings that pop up donging away repeatedly. My gut tells me there's a electrical issue, or a signal issue which may not be resolved with new parts. Is it possible the parts that BMW want to replace aren't faulty just not functional due to electrical problems? Has anyone had a similar problem, or can shed some light on these issues
Valvetronic issues are common on the n55 unfortunately, I had my valvetronic motor and eccentric shaft replaced under warranty for the noise that precedes errors that will eventually trigger the codes. Generally they do the valvetronic motor first and eccentric shaft second, but that depends on the severity of the issue and whether or not the motor alone will fix the issue.

I personally have never heard of an EWG actuator go bad, but that code likely means it is indeed a waste gate actuator issue.