View Single Post
      12-14-2018, 03:18 PM   #34
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Oh I didn't originally think this way. I thought it was a waste of money.

Then I kept getting chips. Then more chips. Every time I looked that front I was getting more annoyed. I tried touching it up, but it still looked awful. When I drove I would become paranoid about more flying stone chips and if I heard one hit I would dread looking at it to see the new damage

So got the front bumper resprayed. Had to wait a while for it to off gas. Then got PPF. I couldn't wait to write that check. For me totally worth it, wish I would have done it immediately. Easier to wash too. At no point was I thinking about the next guy. Now I'm in the hole the cost of PPF, the respray, and lost value from respray maybe, and the pain in the ass dealing with it all.

To me I know it was worth it, and I recommend it to everyone who wants to keep their car looking new and drive it worry free from stone chips. There is dollar amount I'll pay for that.

If you don't care about stone chips or can't afford PPF, then by all means, don't get it.
I really doubt cost is the issue when we're driving 65k cars, but moreover the unnecessary application of the film for most of us as most will not track the car. Ceramic coat the car for $250 and unless it's a big ass rock, it'll be fine.