View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #405
untzklee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Nezil did you get this answered by any chance?

Nezil,

Did you get this answered by any chance? I'm curious myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I've had my M2 for a few months and a few thousand miles now, and am now considering a tune, mostly for street but maybe track at some point.

I had some questions that I did email VF about, but got no response so I'm posting here instead in the hope that VF-Engineering might see the notification and get back to me on here:
  1. I recently read a few posts back that the Auto Start Stop feature becomes disabled by the Hex tune. I'm interested in having the car behave similar to stock, but obviously with greater performance. Is this information correct, and is there any way it can not be disabled, even if I opt out of the GTS Startup Roar feature?
  2. What is your recommendation before taking the car to a dealership for service. My understanding is that it's possible to load the factory tune back to the DME, but I've also read that there is a limit to the number of times the DME can be flashed before it fails. I usually remove all coding changes before going to the dealer, and reset all errors. This might be a waste of time to be honest, it doesn't take long.
  3. I read on the forum thread that you created a flash that did not include the GTS style overrun. I'm not sure at this point if I'll like that feature or not, and if there are other features that might be 'optional' like this. Is it possible to get additional flash files for the different options so that I can make the decision?
  4. I found another thread that talked about carbon deposits stuck to the rear of the car. Not just the tail pipes, but the trunk lid. There was some discussion about if the GTS style overrun was causing this, due to additional fuel being un-burnt and creating additional soot. Is there any truth to this idea?
  5. What happens to the stock Comfort / Sport / Sport+ / Traction / DSC Off modes with your Hex Tune? Are the characteristics retained pretty much as they were before?
  6. What happens to the 'overboost' feature of the N55 engine with your Hex Tune? I assume it is lost because that overboost is effectively being made available all of the time.
  7. Is it confirmed that there is an issue with the Power and Torque screen? My kids love watching that when they're in the car, and I'd rather that not be negatively affected by this tune. I'm fine with the scale increasing, but not if stage 1 only gets half way round the gauge now. Is the scale the same for Stage 1 and 2?
Appreciate 0